Known Languages

Home Forums OOC Discussion Known Languages

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Mormy 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Venali
    Participant
    • Character Name: Venali
    • Class: Sorcerer
    • Race: Sylvan Elf
    • Background: Sage

I used the core rule book when choosing languages. Should I adjust them to accommodate the campaign specific languages? I know Abyssal, Common, Draconic, Elvish, Infernal, and Undercommon.

Mormy
    Keymaster

The core languages are fine since there is no way to add custom languages to the dndbeyond character sheets. The languages for the campaign are still basically the same they have just been given different names more for role-play purposes. I just think languages should have names and not just called common, elvish, etc.

The main difference though is that there are several different human languages and not just one “common” language for all humans. Both Dani and Asgran are pretty common. Dani is more favored in the North, and Asgran more in the South, but both are common enough that if you know common then you can know both languages.

Both Tienna Mar (Dani) and Asgra (Asgran) are powerful nations and trading empires so both languages would have spread to most parts of the world, so unless you are a hermit or a recluse chances are you have been exposed to them both.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.